PERI Press DOWNLOAD: Proposal Form | Guidelines PERI Press
provides opportunity to publish your own book/monograph from the field of Plants (Algae, Bryophytes, Pteridophytes, Gymnosperms, Angiosperms and lichenised as well as non lichenised fungi) and Environment. We accept the book proposals from the various sub-fields such as Taxonomy, Diversity assessment, Ecology, Environment, GIS/Remote Sensing, Socio Economic & Forestry, Plant Breeding, Bio-prospection, Physiology, Genetics, Phyto-chemistry, Molecular aspects and many more. We are more willing to take risks by publishing in emerging science disciplines. We mainly publish in English but also accept good proposal in Hindi language. The submitted proposal (book) will be reviewed by the respective subject experts and accepted ones will be published electronically and in hard with ISBN. We believe in high quality book production, its promotion and distribution at reasonable prices.BOOK/MONOGRAPH PREPARATION
Authors can submit their original proposal in English/Hindi language using Book Proposal Form. The book should be prepared by following the general layout and instructions as given bellow, 1. Acknowledgments
The acknowledgments of funding body, institutional head, coworkers, field assistants, local people etc. should be briefed and declaration of any conflict of interest related to the work.
2. References style
In the text the references should be typed as Anna et al.
(2014) or (Sharma 1998, Smith & Donoghue 2008, Anonymous 2005, Chaudhary et al.
2013, IUCN 2014) in chronological order. Use “et al.
” if the numbers of authors are three or more. The list of references should be included all publications cited in the text. It should be in alphabetical order of first author’s surname without numbering. For more instruction follow the example given below,
a) Research papers of a journal
Smith SA & Donoghue MJ (2008) Rates of molecular evolution are linked to life history in flowering plants. Science
Bhatt BP & Verma ND (2002) Some Multipurpose Tree Species for Agroforestry Systems
. ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Barapani, Meghalaya, India, pp. 52–62. (for citing a portion of the book)
Sharma JR (1998) Statistical and Biometrical Techniques in Plant Breeding
. New Age International Publication Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, India, 432 p. (for citing complete book)
c) Edited Books
Anna V, Dymytrova L & Rai H (2014) Photobiont Diversity of Soil Crust Lichens Along Substrate Ecology and Altitudinal Gradients in Himalayas: A Case Study from Garhwal Himalaya. In: Rai H & Upreti DK (eds) Terricolous Lichens in India, Vol 1: Diversity patterns and distribution ecology
. Springer, pp. 73–87.
d) Second / Third . . . Edition of the Book
Fahn A (1990) Plant anatomy, 4th edition
. Pergamon Press. New York. USA.
e) For report
Anonymous (2005) Annual Report
. Ministry of Environment and Forest, Govt. of India. New Delhi.
f) Internet source
IUCN (2014) The IUCN red list of threatened species, version 2013.2
. IUCN Red List Unit, Cambridge U.K. Available from: https://www.iucnredlist.org/ (accessed: 23 Jan. 2014).
g) Ph. D. / M.Phil. Thesis
Chaudhry LB (1993) Taxonomic revision of the tribe Thermopsideae, Genisteae, Trifolieae and Loteae (Leguminosae - Papilionoideae) of India, Ph. D. Thesis. Kalyani University, Kalyani, West Bengal, India.
All the figures should be in JPG/JPEG format in a word file. The figures should be with the width of 75 mm/155 mm with the resolution of 300 dpi. Figures should be numbered as they are cited in the main text. If the figure is a plate, each figure should be subdivided by using upper case letters of bold “Arial” font size as required but similar in all. Legends of all figures should be provided on a separate page.4. Tables
The table should be made as simple as possible. Only few horizontal lines should be used without vertical lines in the table. All tables should be placed after references in the manuscript. Each table should be consecutively numbered in Arabic numerals with a self-descriptive heading and/or legend. Any abbreviation or symbol used in the table should be described in the legend. The same data should not be represented in tables and in graphs. 5. Other notes
1. Use SI units and the appropriate symbols (mm for millimetre; µm for micron; s for sec; Myr for million years).
2. Use the negative index (m-1
) except in cases such as 'per genera’.
3. Use symbol “×” instead of “x”.
4. Use Hyphen/dash “-” to link two words (e.g. as co-operation, 2-merous etc.)
5. Use En dash (dash with length of the letter ‘n’) “–” to show ranges of numbers, length, width, time, pages etc. (e.g.
10–25, 2–5 cm, 4–6 months etc.)
6. Use elevation for heights of land surfaces above sea level.
7. Names of genera and species should be in italic.
8. Use abbreviation ‘sp’(singular)/‘spp’(plural) for “species”; ‘subsp’(singular)/‘subspp’(plural) for “subspecies”; ‘sp. nov.
’ for “new species”; ‘comb. nov.
’ for “new combination”; ‘gen. nov.
’ for “new genus”; ‘s.s.
’ for “Sensu stricto
” and ‘s.l.
’ for “sensu lato
”; ca. for circa; ‘dbh’ for diameter at breast height; ‘elev.’ For “elevation”.
9. The acronym of the herbarium must be provided for each collection where they have been housed. The reference for citing the collection: NEPAL, Bardia Dist, Babai-Deurrali, 351 m, N 28º 20.934' E 81º 42.226', 23.01.2001, K. K. Shreshtha et al.
10. The equation should be written as, Frequency = (Number of sampling units in which species occurs / Total number of sampling units) × 100.
11. Any kind of Plagiarism is prohibited in the Journal. If found guilty (before or after publication), the paper will be "Retracted" and authors will be blacklisted. PUBLICATION FEE1. Indian authors
PERI Press charges humble amount of Rs. 10,000/- for 100 designed pages (approx. 150 pages as per word document in 1.5 spacing), for every additional page Rs.50/- shall be charged. This charge inclusive of costs like cover page design, layout work and design of book in CDR/InDesign format, along with cost of ISBN with 5 Complementary authors copy.2. Authors outside India
For the authors outside India, PERI Press charges humble amount of USDs 250.00$ for 100 designed pages (approx. 150 pages as per word document in 1.5 spacing), for every additional page USD 1.00$ shall be charged. This charge inclusive of costs like cover page design, layout work and design of book in CDR/InDesign format, along with cost of ISBN with 5 Complementary authors copy.ROYALTY TO AUTHOR
The published books are put on sale with the online stores like Amazons.com etc. and the authors/writers are entitle to receive 10% of the royalty amount on sale of every book. PUBLISHING PROCESS
These are the easy steps to publish your own book,
1. Fill the Book Proposal Form as per the instructions
2. Send it to email@example.com
3. We will provide the approval after general evaluation within 15 days.
4. Now you can go through your book writing / editing process.
5. You can take sufficient time as per your requirement to complete the book.
6. Send the complete matter along with the Publication fee.
7. After receiving the complete book matter from your side, it takes 1–2 months (based on the page numbers) to review it.
8. We will provide you the list of correction(s) to incorporate if required.
9. As soon as you send back the corrected version of the Book, we will take about one month for its graphical designing.
10. Now it will be send to you for ‘proof reading’.
11. Congratulations, now your own book is now ready for readers.
Please contact for any other query to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com